Monday, March 14, 2005

On the way home

Well, I am sitting at a computer desk in a hotel on my dad's laptop (woohoo for Wi-Fi access). For those of you who read and didn't know, my grandmother passed away on thursday and I have spent this weekend with my family going up to Ohio. It was a 16 hour drive all friday, followed by lots of activities throughout the weekend. The funeral itself was very beautiful and both of the pastors who officiated did a wonderful job, it was very emotional, but very good. It was a rough time, but it was good to be back with all of my family (whom I don't see very often at all).
I found out last week that I officially got the RD position for Boatwright hall next year (meaning that I will be the boss and Katie and I get free room and utilities for our first year of marriage). Also last week, the brand new Episode 3 Trailer previewed, and if you missed it, I truly advise that you head to www.starwars.com and check it out right now.
Ok, so right now we are watching Super Nanny, and do you realize how bad kids need to be spanked? I mean seriously, if your child is yelling at you, pop him/her in the bottom. Well, I've got to get to bed soon because we are heading out early tomorrow so I can get on back to school.
Godspeed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. It is never easy. Though, it sounds as though the process was not too painful. On a lighter note, I am glad to hear about your RD position. Have fun with your family and I hope to you soon...oh yes, and the Star Wars trailer rocked my socks off my feet and into the wastebasket.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your RD position! Hope to see ya soon!