Saturday, June 18, 2005

Batman Begins is Fantastic

Wow.... Katie and I went with a couple of friends last night to see Batman, and it exceeded my already incredibly high expectations. Simply put, the movie is incredible. It takes the theme of fear and just devotes the entire movie to it. Whether its Bruce's fear of Bats, to his use of fear against the criminals, it is incredibly well done and had me very creeped out during large portions of the movie. Scarecrow is amazingly done by Cillian Murphy (who I already love from 28 Days Later), but I just wish I could have seen a bit more of him. I don't know what else to say, the pace is great, they spend plenty of time setting up the backstory of Bruce Wayne and make sure you understand his reasons for becoming Batman. It is great, the movie is long, but it feels great, practically the entire last hour of the movie is pure adrenaline and has you completely pumped when you leave the theater. Its kind of like the last hour of Episode III, only with better dialogue and a much creepier feel. Go see this movie, please. It's awesome!
Godspeed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

for the sake of continuing a tradition...here is a comment, albeit, not a very good one, but a comment none the less

Anonymous said...

Nate,

I just saw Batman and loved it! Christian Bale is soooo dreamy....lol No really though, it was awesome. Have a wonderful summer writing notes and watchin the telly!

love ya,
Jess :-)

Anonymous said...

Nate! Glad to see that everything's going well for you. I'll be home from the Philippines in about 2 wks. I'll def be calling you when I get back. Say hey to Katie for me.

Ben P