Monday, June 13, 2005

Decent response, so I suppose I'll keep this up for Chris Wiley

Well, the wedding and the honeymoon have come to an end and I'm back here in our apartment looking for employment. The wedding was quite wonderful, although I find it kind of stressful to have a whole lot of people clamoring for your attention and taking hundreds of pictures..... argh. Yeah, but aside from that, it went over well, and I think people enjoyed the wedding and the reception.
After the wedding Katie and I went down to Mobile for mom's ordination. It was pretty fun just to hang out with my brother and his wife and it was really great to see Grady again (one of our friends from way way back in the Texas days). However, the hotel Katie and I stayed at got the funny idea to deactivate our keycard when we returned at about midnight after mom's ceremony thing and since the person who was supposed to be at the desk wasnt there, we were forced to go back to my parents' house and sleep on the pull-out couch - not very romantic I must say. Hotel aside, it was a good time.
The cabin for our honeymoon was really great and we got to catch up on all the movies that we had been wanting to see - Life Aquatic, I Heart Huckabees, Resident Evil: Apocalypse, and so on. Also, I read Bruce Campbell's new book - Make Love! The Bruce Campbell Way, and it is so good! Bruce Campbell can really write a great book as seen in his previous autobiography, but this little romp through fiction is just awesome, I loved it.
Now, Katie is off at work and the Career Center is empty today and since Katie has our car, I'm stuck here in the apartment. I tried to put up our curtains and some of the other things we bought, but just about everything we got was the wrong size! Woohoo! Now we have to make trips to return stuff and get things that fit our cramped spaces. Okay, I think I've said enough for now, stay tuned next time for a piece I've been planning for a while about the superiority of Nintendo.
Godspeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Finally, a diamond shining in the rough that is the virtual world of blogs. I have been awaiting this update for many moons. I am sated...for the moment.