Sunday, September 11, 2005

Dreeeeeaam, Dream Dream Dream

So, over the past few months, there has been a recurring character in my dreams - a mall. This mall is normally a refuge that I run to after being chased by vampires or zombies or whatever the baddies are in the current dream. However, the mall is always dangerous and always completely dark outside of a few lights within some of the cooler stores. My brother is frequently there with me, as well as Katie and friends from here at school, and we normally go to the large arcade within, but there is always a sense of foreboding as if something is waiting to pop out at us.
Last night, I had ducked into the mall after narrowly escaping a group of nasty women vampires on the third floor at the airport. Luckily, Katie, Dan, G, Chris, Chris and I all were on our bikes and made it to the plane, which landed in Brazil right next to... the mall. I just don't understand, maybe it doesn't mean anything, but is just a landmark to allow my dreams to be a continuing story-arc.
Which brings me to some questions. Can dreams be a continuing story? Does the subconcious mind keep a sort of bookmark where you last work up? Is there a set storyline that alters slightly through daily encounters? Do the beginnings of dreams start to be realized while we are still awake?! AAAAHHHH!
Anyhoo, Bruster's is going well, I enjoy the people I work with, although I wish I had some more time for Nintendo. My computer is completely out of commission and hopefully will be fixed this week, or Katie and I might have to break down and buy a new one. Okay, I guess I don't have anything else to say. Hopefully I'll be back online soon!
Godspeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If dreams are the windows inot the soul...then yours are stained my friend!

OOOOOOOOoooooh!

Count it!