Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Facebook is the Devil

Yes, it has sucked me in.... and I blame it all on one Ryan "Raunchy" Snider. It is nice to look at the profiles for all those people from high school though. I like that aspect, and I like the fact that we have a Super Smash Bros: Melee group in which we can coordinate our schedules for the best nights of play.
Work has been going pretty well, I like serving ice cream and talking to nice people, but I really hate people who act like they know how to do my job better than I do and tell me that I didn't give them enough ice cream or other stupid things. Anyhoo, I got the new Switchfoot cd last week, and I must say that its pretty good. Not the greatest cd of the year (that still goes to The Everglow by Mae), but its still good. The first four songs and the last song are probably the best ones on the album.
The computer is finally fixed, so I'm back online ready to play Diablo with Dan and Kent at night. Katie is whining that now that I have the computer back she never gets my attention because of facebook and my websites and such, but I think she's just a silly girl and is sitting right behind me and I give her all of my attention any time she wants it.
I read the book "Fast Food Nation" a couple of weeks ago, and while it was really interesting, it really doesn't make you want to ever eat McDonalds again. Now, I'm back to the realms of Fantasy and reading "Eragon" and the sequel "Eldest," both of which are really good reads.
However, if you have the chance and can find it anywhere the must-read for everyone is Bone (preferably the one-volume edition if you don't want to buy 13 separate volumes). This graphic novel is some of the best story-telling of all time, detailing the story of the Bone cousins (Fone Bone, Smiley Bone, and Phoney Bone), as they have been run out of their hometown because of Phoney's inappropriate dealings and they find themselves in some mysterious valley, where they wind up getting caught up in a huge adventure to restore the kingdom and destroy the king of Locusts. Anyway, it is awesome, just ask Chuck.
I'm out for now, Godspeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Big congrats on finally having the computer working again...I guess that means I have to be even faster in my comments to your post (ah, the sacrifices of friendship). And you know, this whole school getting in the way of Smashy Smash is getting rather old.

By the way, you got to let me get my hands on Bone sometime. It sounds freaking sweet!

The Loveable Laughable Laudable
College Coyote