Sunday, April 10, 2005

Great week.... Interesting day

Well, the third annual BSU Spring Break Mystery Mission Trip went off without a hitch and was absolutely wonderful. We went up to Boone, North Carolina, where we helped out with the Operation Christmas Child stuff by opening boxes, emptying them of other boxes, then placing those boxes into more boxes, which were in turn opened and sorted through before they were placed into their final box! As you can clearly see, there were a lot of boxes involved in this week. Anywho, we stayed in an awesome cabin (its not skiing season, so it was pretty cheap) and inside this cabin was an original NES, complete with awesome games like the original TMNT, Tetris, Contra, and R.C. Pro Am!!! That was a definite plus. Plus, I was able to buy not only a new cd (although its not really a new cd, since it is 8 years old). It is Ben Folds Five's "Whatever and Ever Amen" album, and boy is is just dandy! I really like the way he rocks that piano! Well, the week was great and I could talk about it for a long time, but if you really want to hear about it, just send me an IM or a call, and I'd be happy to talk.
Things changed when we got home.... As we arrived, we got into the Interfaith Center, only to find that it had been ransacked and our piggies full of money (about $500) had been ripped out of their locked cabinet and torn apart. Not only that, but tonight, as I was sitting here about to start writing this blog, I got a call from Quincy, our campus minister, telling me that his office had also been broken into, so I got to meet for a second time with the police and re-explain what we had found in the Interfaith Center, and helped them to find whatever evidence we could. So, yeah, that was lots of fun.
On the plus side, I got to watch my taped episode of LOST, and it was amazing, I would tell you more, but it would definitely spoil some stuff for those of you who are trying to catch up. Also, Arrested Development was on tonight, and that always brings me some joy! On the negative side, I've got 2 papers due this week and another in the week after, so I get to spend plenty of lovely time here at my computer working.
Oh yeah! I beat Resident Evil 4 and am confident in saying that I would have gladly sold my firstborn child for this game, it is that dang good. Plus, Katie got me Mario Power Tennis for my birthday and now I have a new multiplayer game to play with the guys! Woohoo! Also, there is only 5 weeks left of school, and less than 3 weeks until Hitchhiker's hits the theaters!! Ok, I'd better get a bit more work done before bed.
Godspeed.
"Give me my money back, give me my money back... Noelle"
- Ben Folds Five (with a slight change)

No comments: