Saturday, April 16, 2005

Sham Bam Bamina

Well, its a beautiful saturday afternoon, and here I am stuck in my room on duty! At least it gave me time to watch one of my favorite videos - Sockbaby! If you want to see some hilarious kung-fu action, I recommend you drive that mouse on over to www.sockbaby.com and watch the three episodes (it totals about 15-20 minutes), it will definitely change your life as it did mine. Anyway, yesterday I turned in a paper, took a test, and in exchange got a paper and a midterm back! I did really well on my history midterm, so it was a happy day.
By the way, I think I mentioned it before, but if I didn't, the new Mae cd ("The Everglow") is incredible and is a must listen! Oh, and in my previous upcoming events blog, I forgot to mention that the new Dave Matthews Band cd comes out in June, the new Riley Armstrong cd in May, the new Emery cd in like Aug, and I get to go to a Jump, Little Children concert in 2 weeks with Katie, Chris, AJ and Debbie! And in conjunction with those upcoming events, I pre-ordered my copy of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince yesterday!
On a side note, it is a very tempting notion for me to move out of the country to somewhere in Europe (like Sweden maybe). I just think they have some good things going for them with the manditory 5 weeks of vacation minimum, the great health care and education deals. I mean, sure its higher taxes, but I don't mind because basically everything is taken care of. I know this is getting political, so I think I'll just continue on... if it upsets you, too bad.
Our country has severe problems, especially considering that "one in every six American children still falls below the poverty line in America - and one in three children of color" (Jim Wallis' God's Politics). This is sad, considering we are the wealthiest nation in history, it makes me wonder why we don't use our power to help people who need it, especially when we are so worried about paying more taxes, I say go ahead and tax us richer people in order to establish a more efficient health care system and a greater help for those who are suffering. Crap, there is just a lot more to talk about, but I can't fit it in here because its already fully explained in Wallis' book, which needs to be read by everyone who considers themselves to vote for moral (and religious) reasons. Our current leading institution (or pretty much any leaders of this country) just is lacking in halping the poor, especially when they claim to be a Christian leader and that was pretty much Jesus' message. Anyway, I've ranted enough for now, I think I'm going to go shoot some zombies.
Godspeed

No comments: