Sunday, April 03, 2005

Sin City is awesome

Yup, it sure is. After a rough week full of papers, and a midterm (but also deliciously filled with Resident Evil 4, but more on that later), I went with Ryan and Chris to see Sin City. First, we had to run by Circuit City and pick up the new Mae cd, which is so amazingly beautiful, I can't believe it. Anywho, as the movie started, I just knew it would rock, and it didn't dissappoint. The cinematography is spectacular, I mean, the previews look good, but the movie looks even better. Also, the stories are just pitch perfect, each one hits dead on with the grittiness of the city and each character is brilliantly played. Note, for those who now want to see this movie - be warned, there is lots of violence and a dab of nudity, but they all really fit within the story, and aren't exactly gratuitous, its just like the comic book. Anyway, after that awesome movie, Ryan and I went by Wal-Mart for the midnight release of all the new Star Wars toys, and I got an Obi-Wan Unleashed, and it looks super snazzy.
Then today, after finally getting more than 6 hours of sleep, Katie and I dropped our bikes off to get new back tires (the back ones were slashed by some buttmuncher), and then we spen the afternoon/evening hanging out with one of the coolest guys around - Jared. We went to eat at the Christian Chicken place (Jim Bob's), then we went to the art building and watched The Incredibles on the projector and surround sound. Man, do I love that movie, and the special features just make it even better!! Go see it now, if you haven't, or I will haunt you until you do.
Ok, now its time to devote to the most amazing game that I have played since Legend of Zelda: Windwaker (shut up naysayers, that Zelda game is awesome, and you only say it sucks because you haven't played it). Anyways, Resident Evil 4 opens up with greatness, and just keeps on getting better. Whether I'm freaking out as a man (or woman) runs towards me with a chainsaw, or whether I'm blasting the mess out of the "zombies" (although they aren't quite zombies, they are people infected with Las Plagas, so there Chris, go be your stupid pro-undead self, while I shoot them), this game is a complete blast! I have already logged over 12 hours into it, and I can't wait to find out what happens next. I also think that once I beat it, I'm just going to hop right back into it and play it over again, it is that good! So, if you have a GameCube (its coming out on ps2 later this year) go pick this game up, I love it! Well, I have to go set my clocks forward and play some Resident Evil!
Godspeed
PS, today is my birthday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday dude!

I would have to totally agree on all points raised in your post except where you use my name and stupid in the same sentence...for that I shall have to remove your weapons...both of them!

I have good and bad news to report on my birthday:

Good News=my family splurged and got me a digital camera which totally rocks...

Bad News=No RE4!!!!!

...but all is well...i have my save files and I'll come back to it when it is a little less expensive...still tis a mite upsetting.

Well, keep it cool, enjoy your birthday and spring break!

Anonymous said...

You failed to mention pajama day at brusters!! and your high water pajama pants :)

Troy said...

hey nice blog, you should check mine out too