Sunday, May 01, 2005

Hitchhiker's is out, and its dang good

As you can see, its been a great weekend. Friday afternoon, I went with Katie and Beth Randall to see Hitchhiker's and I was just delirious with joy afterwards. It does not follow the book, so those of you who have read it (i.e. all two of you) be warned, but also know that it was not meant to be the same, Douglas Adams believed that each incarnation of the story should be changed and therefore it is.
Anywho, the movie is terrific, its incredibly witty and it definitely has the feel of the books. The only thing I did not like was the audience I was with, because they didn't laugh when it was really hilarious, and it wound up being just Katie, Beth, and I laughing at some of the best parts. The Guide itself is just perfect and was probably my favorite character in the whole movie. Other than that the (spoilers, highlight to read) the romance between Arthur and Trillian seemed a little forced, and the recreation of the world was kind of cheap, although I did like the fact that Arthur chose to leave anyway. Aside from those small qualms, I loved the movie and I can't wait to see how they do the Restaurant at the End of the Universe!
Yesterday, I went to ATL with Chris, Katie, Andrew, and Debbie and saw Jump, Little Children which was an awesome show. Wow, I just cant think of too much to say, my mind is so Hitchhiker's central that I can't really get off of it. We've only got a week and a half left of classes then a week of finals and I'm done with my college career! Woohoo! Now, I just have to finish up on my job searching so thats I'm ready for the summer.
Okay, I have to do a little more homework for this week (notice I said this week, all I really ahve to do is prepare for my worship service and do some preliminary stuff for my finals!)
Godspeed!

No comments: