Wednesday, August 06, 2008

World News Wednesday

Here is your story for this week.

So, I found this one to be quite a bit more interesting than our story from last week (although last week's was admittedly pretty good). Anyway, I find there to be some huge implications that can come from this story.

I mean, think about it, scientists were thinking that there were only 50,000 of these gorillas left, and then all of a sudden someone walks into the middle of a swamp and finds over double the number of what is thought to be left... in just one location. We already know that there are millions of things in the deep ocean that we've never seen, and now this discovery opens up the possibility of how much we could be missing on land.

To me, the biggest prospect of all this is that maybe we'll find all the dragons that are left in the world (although most were probably killed during the Middle Ages, when it was fashionable to slay big beasties). I know, this almost feeds into the "Creation Science" idea (which is complete bunk, in my opinion), but I find it fascinating that there is so much out there that we don't know about. This could lead into a whole God discussion, but I will steer away from that for the moment, since we have a full day on that subject each week.

Before I ramble too much on about things that don't relate, I'll let this stay a short post since I'm getting distracted and not making too much sense. Until tomorrow!


No comments: