Thursday, November 06, 2008

Gaming Thursday: Fable 2, or Why am I always good?

I've been playing Fable 2 for a little over a week now, and I'm loving it. Sure, it's a bit glitchy (I've gotten stuck in rooms and on little walls, not to mention annoying camera angles) but I still love the world and the choices of Fable 2. I wrote about the first Fable last week, and this game is pretty much the same. I love it and can't wait to get back to playing more, it's fun.

Here's my problem though: I can't be bad. I run into annoying people who need to die and I see things I want to steal everywhere, but I just can't do it. It won't hurt the game at all for me to be evil, in fact, there are some people who will only like you if you are a jerk. For some reason though, I have to keep pressing on as my good girl until I beat the game before I switch to bad mode. I do this with all open world games too. Whenever I'm given that good/evil choice, I pick good on my first playthrough (I have had times on subsequent plays that I choose evil just to see it, but I rarely finish up).

Am I a goody-two-shoes, or is there something subconscious that knows that good seems to have a better ending to the game? I don't know, but I think that as soon as I finish up the story quest in Fable 2, my girl will change from her sweet monogamous ways into an evil polygamist tyrant, just because I can.

-Edit-
I just finished Fable 2, and even being a good gal, there were some seriously tough decisions to be made, although I still absolutely loved it.

1 comment:

Christine said...

I think you're actually a really bad person deep down inside and so to appease your guilt, you feel the need to play someone good in a game. In the back of your mind, you are knowing that you can eventually get to your "roots" of evilness, but you feel better doing that after you have gotten the "being good" out of the way.