Thursday, October 30, 2008

Gaming Thursday: WoW Zombies

Last weekend, I reactivated my World of Warcraft account. I did this for two reasons:

#1 - The Wrath of the Lich King expansion pack will be out in a few weeks, and I needed to get my feet wet before attempting to level from 70-80.

But more importantly:

#2 - The Zombie world event that was taking place. The first thing I did when I signed in was find a zombie and got myself infected. I then joined up with a guildie and proceeded to infect an entire town with our swarm of zombie goodness. The way it worked was that if you were infected, you had a limited time to cure yourself of the disease before you would be turned into a zombie. Once you were turned, your health bar would slowly decrease unless you were attacking a human to convert them. Zombies became most effective in large groups (just like in real life). Anyway, I was sad to hear that the world event had ended on Monday and in protest, have not logged in since (okay, so I did a raid on Monday night, but that was when I had first learned about it anyway).

So, I'm back in WoW, but trying not to play too much, especially since Fable 2 came in yesterday and it's already awesome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Christine said...

I will admit that the zombie thing was fun for a bit. I wish I would have been able to be a part of a huge raid on a city - I kinda missed out on that. And it would have been especially fun to zombify people with you and some of the other guys who are huge zombie fans....

After a while though - it was a pain trying to just jump in and trick or treat only to find yourself infected and then dead. A simple 1 minute event turned into 15.

Anyway, maybe next year (if we're still lame enough to be playing this game) we can plan a big guild-wide attack. I think that would be a blast!