Wednesday, October 22, 2008

World News Wednesday: Dinosaurs

I like dinosaurs.

I always have. I remember that I wasn't old enough to see Jurassic Park when it came out in theaters, so my mom and brother had to go and make sure it was okay before I could go see it. I also remember being so scared that I had to pee about 6 times during the movie.

You may be wondering where I'm going to go with this, but I honestly can't tell you. I just thought it was really cool. I know when I was younger we would talk about how cool the Archaeopteryx was, seeing how it was both a dinosaur and could fly.

I don't know, for some reason I just thought it would be nice to think about dinosaurs this week (who barely edged out spaceships). Maybe we could combine these two and imagine what would happen if space travel finally becomes feasible (whether through wormholes or some unknown technology) and we wind up on a planet that has animals just like dinosaurs. It would be every kid's perfect dream... just like the show Dino Riders - which I still have a VHS copy of the first episode, by the way.

So instead of a thoughtful post about tragedy in our world, take a moment today and let your imagination return to childhood and think about dinosaurs for a while because they are probably the coolest things ever created.

2 comments:

thebalancingact said...

so you, me, and trey wood need to create our own media outlet for the city of lagrange. with plenty of faith baptist advertisement

matt said...

My favorite dinosaur was always the stegosaurus because it had spikes on its tail.