Monday, October 27, 2008

Movie/TV Monday: Kitchen Nightmares

Okay so I can honestly admit that Kitchen Nightmares isn't really a good show, but for some reason I just can't stop watching it. I have already watched all of Season 2 online and am now backtracking through Season one just for completion's sake.

Why am I doing this? I don't know. All I know is that every episode is pretty much the exact same as the previous - restaurant in trouble, Gordon Ramsey comes in, talks a lot with his hands, says "yeah" a lot, and they seemingly turn it all around. I guess part of my fascination with the show comes with seeing how absolutely disgusting some of these places can get. I know I've been into a disgusting and warm refrigerators when I was working at a certain place, but even that doesn't hold a candle to the Indian restaurant Gordon goes to that has rotten meat and vegetables being served... it's just really gross.

Yeah, I can't really recommend the show outside of saying it's a guilty pleasure and as long as Hulu feeds me, I'll keep going back for more.

I think me watching is more of a cry for Hulu to get Good Eats online. I know they don't have much control over what stations decide to broadcast full episodes online of, but I can't wait for the day that I can stream some amazing Alton Brown cooking onto my computer.

3 comments:

JM said...

I like Gordon Ramsey though! Have you seen the F word? Now that's good.

Katie B said...

Great post.

Kent said...

Reality TV = FAIL.

I hereby discredit this blog.

You may allow you back in my good graces after further posts on our blog, or a post about something that I truly love on this one.

You are on notice.