Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Bookish Tuesday: Naked

Thanks to This American Life, I decided to pick up a David Sedaris book.

For no particular reason (outside of the fact that it was the first one I saw), I got Naked a couple weeks ago and even though I knew before I even started that I'd like it, I've been surprised by how much. From his stories on This American Life, I knew Sedaris was a funny guy and Naked is filled with some really funny stories, but there is a lot more to these essays than just humor.
Sedaris has led an incredibly interesting life (at least by the way he tells it), and it's pretty great to read about everything he's experienced and how he's grown from those points within his life.
The other thing I love about the book is that since it is a collection of essays, it is easy to break up and read in chunks, although I have to admit that even when I plan to only read one story, I normally wind up reading two or three.
So, I've added one more author to my list to keep reading. Vonnegut is next.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

vonnegut= love he's my favorite author. i totally support you reading more.