Thursday, December 11, 2008

Gaming Thursday: Game Music

I love video game music.

I have devoted a lot of hard drive space, phone memory, and memory on my mp3 player to soundtracks from video games. I even pull up Rainwave whenever I can to listen (I'm the #6 top listener). Some people pull up the Mario Bros. ringtone or a bit of Zelda music here or there because they think its kind of funny, but I could honestly spend all day listening to the original Sonic soundtrack.

Some of the appeal comes from the nostalgic value of hearing a song that I remember hearing as I played through a particular game, but I've also found that there are games that I've never even played and have already fallen in love with their music (Cave Story, I'm looking at you). Something about listening to various game themes throughout the day is really calming. I don't know what it is, but I absolutely love it.

Anyway, the point of this post was to direct you to this link. Download that album and enjoy it for the Christmas season!

No comments: