Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Bookish Tuesday: Never Make Promises

So, I'm learning that making promises about reading certain books within a set amount of time never really works out for me. I've been intending to have Cat's Cradle read for the past two Tuesdays of this blog and yet I've not yet cracked the book open. It's not because I don't want to read the book, but because I've kind of gotten a bit burned out by marathon reading the four Twilight books in a matter of 2 weeks.

Instead, I've been reading the text of Chrono Trigger on my DS as I play it every night and slowly making my way through Out of the Silent Planet for my book club during the day.

I guess something in me just has to rebel against my statements. If I say that I want to only play Dragon Quest 8 before I move on to another game, the cat will pull the plug on the PS2 after 30 minutes between saves so that I haven't picked the game up in a week. If I say that I want to move through Cat's Cradle by the end of February, I'll wind up finding myself distracted until the book disappears completely and I never read it.

With all this said... there is my excuse for why today's Bookish Tuesday is not about Cat's Cradle and is actually about nothing at all, and just wasted approximately two minutes of your life (depending on your reading speed).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Twilight burned me out too. I've moved on to a technical book for now. :)