Friday, March 13, 2009

Religion Friday

It's official. I found out last week that I was accepted into seminary at the Candler School of Theology. And that's also why I didn't post. The whole thing I had written was about waiting and being frustrated (which I still was, since it took an entire month before I heard from them), but it didn't really work, so I scrapped it. Now, I just have to scrape up enough money to be able to attend school.

Anyway, on Wednesday I had to do a little devotion at our church fellowship supper and I talked about how I feel like I've been stuck within my own Lent season of waiting ever since I graduated from college. It's like I have been wandering through the wilderness for four years with no clear direction and Easter way out of reach.

When I started applying for grad school last year, it was like something was beginning to change. Even though I still have no clear direction for where I want to end up, I finally think that I'm moving somewhere.

And with that, I think that it was fitting for me to receive this news during Lent, because while it can be a painful time of meandering as we wait for the glory of Easter, we have that glimpse of the joy to come that we can hope for. While the Easter may never really be understood, we know that it is what we have been waiting for. It becomes a time of celebration. Not only of the Resurrection of Christ, but also of our own rebirths. Those times where it seems that everything can start anew.

So even though I'm sure once classes start I'll go back to complaining about something, at this point I feel ready for something new. I'm definitely ready for Easter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post! Thanks!