Friday, March 27, 2009

Religion Friday:

You know, there are just some days where nothing really comes to you. I've spent all day today (and even yesterday, since I didn't have time to write, but had plenty of time to think) trying to figure out something new to talk about today.

Turns out, I drew a blank.





But that led me to something interesting... Why do I spend so much time trying to find something new to talk about, when all my old stuff still isn't figured out yet? Yeah, that doesn't help much since most of these weeks tend to be the same thing over, but maybe one day I'll have something concrete to discuss.

That's my main problem with (my) faith. I always have such a problem just finding something to talk about and without that basis, I get my discussions lost very easily.

So at some point here, I'm going to need to just make a list of topics and go through them one by one, even if I have no real answers. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some ideas:

--What's Heaven like?
--Why did Jesus have to die? Why was that the only way for Him to save us?
--How do you know Jesus was God and not just some guy claiming to be divine? (A friend asked me that one recently.)
--Have you ever seen prayer work?
--Why are you Methodist, Catholic, etc.?
--When did you become a Christian and why?

BEAT said...

You should look at the links I've recently posted on Facebook about the place of seminaries in university setting. It was prompted by an opinion column on the Emory Wheel. There was a good response that came out of it, too.