Monday, October 25, 2004

This is the post that I've been trying to do for 2 days

So, if you've read the previous posts, you know that I highly enjoyed Super Size Me. Well, I had written an entire ethical argument for it yesterday, that I found really entertaining, but today, I just want to say that I've been finding more and more called to the idea of creating equality in all foundations of life, and sometimes for me that will have to mean giving up things I like. I have already given up Taco Bell due to ethical issues and now, I am researching into what other things I find to be against my foundational beliefs. Interesting isn't it? When you begin to look under the skin of a lot of companies, you find that what seemed to be a nice family friendly company actually abuses child labor laws in other countries. I don't mean to sound "holier-than-thou", I'm just trying to explain my convictions.
Considering my convictions, I feel I must explain more on my thoughts of Judgment Journey. I was actually able to go on Friday night with my crew, and found that when you spend 45 minutes scaring people from hell, only to spend (at most) 3 minutes explaining Jesus (without even mentioning his sacrifice or the responsibility that comes with the decision), I find a huge disconnect. Yeah, I'm sorry, I said it before, so I'll quit now!
I hate musiChristian.com! I PRE-ordered the Roper cd from them, and the Roper Cd came out last tuesday, and they havent even mailed it yet. So, now I have cancelled the order and I refuse to use them any more! Anywho, I have to run to BSU Encouragement Team, I'll try to give another more upbeat post later tonight!

No comments: