Monday, October 25, 2004

Worship is a lot more than music, people

Just like the title says, and like I've been trying to tell people for years now, I know that music is a way to experience and worship god, but it is not the only way, nor should it be the most prominent. For, we are constantly told that we are to worship God all day long, and when you place it in only the context of music or that feeling that people get when they are singing songs. Worship should not be based on a person's emotions. If we based our worship on emotion, then I would not have worshiped God in at least 2 years. Worship contains the focus of God in our lives, whether we are worshiping while we type a paper, or talk on the phone to our best friends. I say this, because we can worship while doing these things as long as we are proclaiming the Gospel through our lives and words. This doesn't mean reciting your "testimony" (I'll write about my qualms with that some other time), it means that we need to be the hands and feet of Christ, by exemplifying his love to all who we encounter, THAT is true worship.
Anyways, today I had a pretty cool day, I turned in my paper, and I think I did pretty well, now I just have to prepare for a little presentation for my Apostolic Age class tomorrow. I got to register for next semester, and I got in all the classes I wanted, but it turned out that the creative writing class that I was in was a poetry class, so I dropped it instantly in order to take another religion class, yippee hooray! Ok, now I really have to get to work on that presentation, its nearly done, I just have to piece it together into a working statement.
"Come thou font of every blessing
tune my heat to sing thy grace
streams of mercy, never ceasing
call for songs of loudest praise!"
- a great hymn (don't know who it is by, but if you have to sing for worship, I suggest you use hymns)

No comments: