Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Bookish Tuesday: Things to Come

I am at a loss for what to do in the event that I haven't read a book. As you might have notice, the past couple of weeks have been mostly filler material. I haven't read a Redwall book in a number of months, and the week before was just a complaint about having not read anything.


This week, I could talk a bit about Out of the Silent Planet - which I finished yesterday, but since members of my book club read this blog (at least periodically) I don't want to spoil my impressions of the book just yet.


So, instead of just whining about not having read anything to talk about, I think I'll go ahead and give a glimpse of some books that I would like to read in the coming months.


After really enjoying The Devil in the White City, I've been looking forward to picking up some more books by Erik Larson and will be ordering Thunderstruck at some point in the future. I know that at one point I said that nonfiction books weren't exactly my cup of tea, but after this and my man-crush on David Sedaris, I think I may have changed my thoughts (if only just a bit).


Also as I've mentioned a number of times (especially since I was expecting to have Cat's Cradle done a few weeks ago), Kurt Vonnegut is high on my reading list as well. I guess I feel the need to read Vonnegut so much because of the number of recommendations to me. For some reason, his books flew under my radar until just recently, and now that I've had a taste with Slaughterhouse Five, I'm ready for some more.


Of course, I'll also be reading Pratchett's new book - Nation... even though I really have no idea what it is about.


That's most all of what I can think of, so for those interested, you can go ahead and read in front of me. That way, I can just e-mail you to axe your impressions so I don't have to read.


By the by, I did my best to link to amazon.com in case you actually want to read.

1 comment:

G said...

Have you read any of the Richard Bachman book I let you borrow?