Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Bookish Tuesday

So, this isn't so much a what have I been reading as much as a "what I would like to read." Tim mentioned on Friday's post a book called American Gospel, so I'm going to pick that up alongside Choke (people keep telling me to read Chuck Palahniuk, so I guess I will). Anyway, if you are so inclined, you are more than welcome to read along with me. I will let you know when my copies have arrived and I actually start reading so that it makes it a bit easier to do together.

In the present, I finished The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and am now almost finished with the sequel - The Restaurant at the End of the Universe. Both of these books are stellar (get it?) and I cannot recommend them enough, but I think I've talked about them plenty as is. All I know is that I wish I could be a hoopy frood like Ford Prefect and I always know where my towel is.


2 comments:

Rachel Peters said...

I've read Diary by Chuck Palahniuk, and it was great. I've heard his other books are good too.

Tim said...

I've read quite a bit of Palahniuk, Fight Club, Survivor, and Invisible Monsters. Liked them but it was quite a while ago that I read them. Maybe I can pick up Choke and read along.