Wednesday, September 10, 2008

World News Wednesday

Turns out we aren't dead.

I was kind of hoping for a black hole to appear though. Not so much in an "Oh my God, the world is ending" sort of way, but more in a "dang, that would be cool to see a black hole." The scientists said that even if one had formed, it wouldn't have been anywhere near big enough to do anything to the collider, let alone destroy the world.... oh well.

So, what are the ramifications of this? Does it disprove the existence of God? I have no idea for the answer to the first question, but the second I think the answer is... No.

Anticlimactic I know, but I honestly don't think a machine that is capable of recreating the Big Bang is a full answer. Namely because these two ideas (God and the Big Bang) aren't mutually exclusive (I think that's what it's called). God could easily have been a part/the reason behind the creation of the universe that was created by a collision of particles. Who's to say that God wasn't? Maybe the writer of Genesis didn't understand what God was telling him when God explained it, so God was like, "hey, let's just say something about a 6-day workathon where I made everything. That's believable, yeah?"

There we have it, the world didn't end and God still exists. But if the signs (and Judgment Journey) are right... the world shall end soon - in fire and gays (no offense, it is just how they portrayed the end of the world).

No comments: