Wednesday, September 24, 2008

World News Wednesday

3 years after their return to Earth, the members of the U.S.S. Gloria are finally beginning to talk about their trip to Saturn and the moon Titan. The first two pieces of their mission can be heard here and here. Now, the final part of the mission can be found here.

Yeah, I know this isn't really world news, but after 5 years, my copy of the new Brave Saint Saturn album arrived today (complete with a handwritten note from Reese Roper saying "sorry that this took so long"). The albums tell the story of the U.S.S. Gloria, its mission to Saturn, and the troubles that are encountered both on the way there and back. Reese is one of my all-time favorite songwriters, and all three BS2 albums are extremely good, but the second (The Light of Things Hoped For) is the one that truly stands out to me, if you only have to get one Brave Saint song, I recommend Daylight from that album.

I've only listened to Anti-Meridian once all the way through and I'll admit that it isn't everything I hoped it would be, but it is still very good. The problem is likely that I've built up in my mind for 5 years about how awesome it could be that there was no way it could reach my imagination.

So, why am I wasting a World News Wednesday writing about music? Well, because I don't have a music day and I really didn't feel like writing about Lindsey Lohan's girlfriend or Clay Aiken coming out of the closet (both of which were top news items today). That, and I'm not really all that qualified to talk about the declining market/government bailouts, so for that I encourage you to go to somewhere like npr.org, which I listen to for my information.

No comments: