Monday, September 01, 2008

Movie Monday

Today's post will be a little short, but that's because it is Labor Day and I'm just now getting home and wanted to get something down before starting in on ICO.

The movie today isn't so much the film itself (although it's a dang funny movie, I think), but the commentary. This weekend we watched Talladega Nights with the "25th Anniversary" commentary, and I seriously haven't laughed that hard in a long while. The whole track is basically one long improv joke machine. Will Ferrell, Adam (excuse me, his son Darrell) McKay, Captain Reilly, Jack McBrayer, and Michael Clarke Duncan all stop by and talk about the state of the world (in 2031, it's pretty much all covered in water just like in Waterworld) and the success of "the greatest film ever created." It's definitely one of the best commentary tracks I've ever listened to, and you don't even really have to be watching the movie to enjoy it.

Anyway, I said this would be brief, so stay tuned tomorrow for some more zombie action in Bookish Tuesday (which will also relate to a movie).

No comments: