Thursday, September 04, 2008

Gaming Thursday

So, I know I'm about 3 years late, but I started playing through Shadows of the Colossus this week when I borrowed my brother's PS2 and (so far) it hasn't disappointed. In the ongoing argument of games being art, I must say that Shadows does a great job in giving an example for those arguing for games.

The game does an amazing job of marrying the gameplay with the story. Whenever I'm out climbing up a colossus, I actually feel like I'm doing something epic and think it completely matches with the emptiness of the area that surrounds the Colossi. I can't think of much more to say yet (because I'm only 4 Colossi into the game), but I just wanted to get a mention in before I move on and hopefully I'll be able to come back to it more fully on a later Gaming Thursday.

On the portable side, I beat Final Fantasy 6 for the Game Boy Advance finally. FF6 is one of my all-time favorite games, and being able to play through it wherever I go made it that much better. Aside from Earthbound, I have to say that FF6 is my favorite JRPG and if you are at all interested in a game to take up another 30 hours of your life, do yourself a favor and pick it up (or borrow it from me).

I know this post was a little disjointed, but my gaming this week has been disjointed as well. Next week, I'll return to focus and do Bioshock... and just Bioshock (I have to finish it again first, though).

No comments: